Saturday, January 23, 2010

helping hearts {let's do something to help}


Watching the news on the horrible situation in Haiti saddens and frustrates me. Having my own kids, it breaks my heart to see children suffering and parents grieving. Many incredibly brave men and women are there volunteering their time and risking their lives to help. I wish I was in a position to do the same.

But I’m not.

So instead, I'm going to try to do something to help from here. When I came across this grassroots group of photographers that started "Helping Hearts" I knew it was a perfect fit for me. But, I need you, too! Here’s the deal:

You could win a real life photo session on location with me!

  • This session will be photographed by myself between the months of February and May.
  • Session is for a newborn, kids, family or engagement and will last about an hour.
  • Winner will also receive 10 fully processed, high resolution images on CD. Print to your heart’s content!

How to win:

  • Make a MINIMUM donation of $10 to Friends of the Orphans Canada {more on them later}
  • Forward a copy of your receipt to chris@owensoundphoto.com.
  • All entries must be RECEIVED by midnight on January 31st.
  • Winner will be drawn at random and announced on February 1st.
  • You can enter as many times as you’d like, but each entry must be the minimum $10 donation.
I'm excited to see how much our group of photomamas can raise to help...I'll keep you posted when the numbers come in.

Cheers, Christy

1 comment:

Thanks for your comments!